AFAC Damage Assessment Field Exercise
This workshop will directly support a number of ISCRAM Asia Pacific 2018 Track Objectives, most notably “practice and experience showcasing geospatial and temporal information theory” and “applications in support of disaster decision making”. This workshop will provide an opportunity for participants engage with geospatial tools in a hands-on manner.
- This workshop will introduce the AFAC (Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council) Damage Assessment Framework with New Zealand examples.
- Participants will receive an introductory presentation to the process and then have an opportunity to get “hands-on” and in the field (weather permitting)
- Introduce the AFAC (Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council) Damage Assessment Framework
- Develop familiarity with using damage assessment forms and seeing the results in geospatial decision support tools
- Learn how to incorporate damage assessment best practices in other field data collection and geospatial intelligence workflows
National Alliance For Public Safety Gis Foundation
Fire and Emergency New Zealand