Call for Papers
Abstract submission is now closed.
Please CLICK HERE to download the full paper guidelines.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||Friday 28th October 2016|
|Authors Notified of Outcome||Friday 2 December 2016|
|Full Paper Deadline||Friday 17th February 2017|
|Early Registration Deadline||Friday 24th February 2017|
The conference theme, “the next generation of low damage and resilient structures”, reflects current developments, research and implementation in New Zealand following the severely damaging earthquakes in Christchurch, and international trends for seeking improved earthquake performance from structures. The theme fits well with the goal of ASSISi in fostering development and acceptance of seismic protection solutions and techniques. The conference will showcase current developments in design practice in New Zealand and internationally for achieving greater resilience in earthquake design of structures and infrastructure. Specific conference sessions will focus on ASSISi key topics of seismic isolation, energy dissipation and vibration control, including invited presentations from ASSISi leaders from around the world.
Please CLICK HERE to download the conference flyer.
SUGGESTED PAPER TOPICS
- Structural engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Engineering seismology
- Social impacts
- Economic implications of seismic risk and resilience
- Lifelines and infrastructure
- Architecture and urban design
- Emergency management and planning
- Advances in knowledge of hazards and risks
- Social impacts and resilience
- Advances in earthquake engineering research & practice
- Practice case studies
- Design for control of seismic damage
- Repairable structures and infrastructure
- Seismic isolation, energy dissipation and vibration control of structures
- Heritage Buildings – economic, engineering and social dimensions
- Non-structural elements
- Soil-structure interaction
- Response and health monitoring of structures
- Lessons from recent earthquakes