Nau Mai, Haere Mai – Welcome!
We look forward to welcoming you to Christchurch New Zealand for the International Conference on Geomorphology in 2026. Tectonically-active, in the 'Roaring 40s' and geologically-young, Aotearoa New Zealand offers world-class geomorphology with some of the world’s fastest rates of uplift and erosion.
Geomorphology in New Zealand
- Tectonically-active, in the 'Roaring 40s', geologically-young: Aotearoa New Zealand offers world-class geomorphology.
- Some of the world’s fastest rates of uplift and erosion.
- A remarkable record of Quaternary and historical landscape changes.
- A strong history of geomorphological research.
- From the active volcanoes and mountains, along the dynamic and braided rivers, and out to the diverse coastal environments, there is something exciting for every geomorphologist!
We look forward to seeing you in 2026.
Register your interest
Join our Mailing List for updates on the 11th IAG International Conference on Geomorphology 2026
Call for Abstracts
Great science with a highly sustainable philosophy, underpinned by a rich cultural experience