International Sedimentological Congress 2026
25 – 30 January 2026, Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington, New Zealand
On behalf of the International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS), the local organising committee, warmly invites you to join us for the 22nd International Sedimentological Congress (ISC) to be held in New Zealand in 2026.
The conference theme is “Sedimentation on active plate margins through time and space”. A broad suite of symposia sub-themes is being developed covering modern to ancient sedimentary systems. These include:
- Tectonic geomorphology and sedimentation
- Volcano-sedimentary processes and deposits
- Carbonate deposition and diagenesis
- Seismic and volcanic influences on lacustrine sedimentation
- Seismicity and the relationship to submarine landslides/turbidites/mass transport deposits (MTDs) – modern and ancient
- Interaction of tectonic and eustatic processes in the sedimentary record
- Glacio-fluvial sedimentation
- Māori and Pacifica (Polynesian cultures of the SW Pacific) view of sediments and sedimentary process.
Multi-day field trips will be offered before and after the conference that will show case the world-class sedimentary systems that characterise New Zealand.
High profile plenary speakers will be invited for each of the sub-themes. Graduate and post-graduate students, as well as early career researchers will be actively encouraged to participate and contribute. They will have key roles in the scientific program, with highlighted contributions for each sub-theme, along with other initiatives.
Visit the conference website
- All Events
- All Upcoming Events
- Next 3 Conferences